10 Ways to Lose 10 Pounds
Rather than trying to lose a large amount of weight, you’ll have better results if you attack your weight challenge 10 pounds at a time. This is a manageable and achievable goal, and you’ll only need to make a couple of small changes to achieve it. Then you can set another goal to lose another 10 pounds. Just keep going until you’ve reached your weight goal.
Do the minimal amount to lose 10 pounds in a reasonable amount of time. The fewer changes you make, the easier the changes will be to maintain. The fewer changes you make, the more changes you can make in the future. If you use every trick and tactic right out of the gate, you’ll run out of tools to use in the future.
Lose 10 pounds with the minimal amount of stress and effort:
1. Drink fewer calories. If you drink calorie-containing drinks, it’s easy to consume a lot of calories without your awareness. Switching to water is an easy way to save yourself several hundred calories each day. You can flavor it with fresh fruit or sugar free juice packets.
2. Walk. Hitting the gym could be even better but be certain you’re walking each day. We’re meant to move around more than most of us do. If you have foot or leg problems, swimming is an excellent alternative.
3. Eat slower. You’re much less likely to overeat if you eat slower. Pay attention to the food in your mouth and chew thoroughly. Avoid watching TV or playing on your phone while you eat. Give your meal your undivided attention, eat slowly, and you’ll eat less.
4. Reduce your intake of processed carbs. These are also loaded with calories. These include things like cookies, crackers, bread, and pasta. Consider healthier food choices when possible.
5. Stop eating after dinner. After two or three meals and snacks, more than likely your body has had enough. Eating a lot and then going to bed isn’t optimal for your weight or your health. If you feel hungry before bed consider water, broth or tea. You could just be thirsty or bored. Many times I have sat to watch a movie or T.V. show before bed and I ate just because. If you're still hungry go for a light snack.
6. Sleep more. Studies show that tired people are attracted to fattening foods more than the well-rested. A lack of sleep also contributes to metabolic issues that make it harder to maintain a healthy weight.
7. Eat at home. Eating out and being healthy is challenging. You can save a lot of calories and money by staying home for your meals.
8. Weigh yourself daily. When you measure something, the thing you measure changes. Weigh yourself each day and average your weight at the end of each week. You might find this is enough to move your weight in a positive direction. This may sound excessive but this strategy works wonderfully when implemented correctly.
9. Eat more vegetables. With few exceptions, vegetables are low in calories and high in bulk. You’ll feel full without expanding your waistline. Follow your mom’s advice and eat more vegetables.
10. Join a proven weight loss system. Following a weight loss system provides structure and can be very helpful on your wellness journey. Having tools, resources, meal plans and a coach at your fingertips takes the guesswork out of losing weight and provides support when things get tough. Click here to learn about the system I used to lose 10 pounds.
Losing 10 pounds is a lot easier physically and mentally than losing 60 lbs. Set a series of 10-pound weight-loss goals until your target weight is reached. A few small changes can be enough to see real results.
Just add a few of these tips to your life until you’re losing 1-2 pounds each week. Avoid the temptation to try to lose 25 pounds each month. Two pounds/week is 100 pounds/year. How much did you lose last year with your current strategy?
For your best results, take your time and make permanent changes to your habits.