Is Protein Powder Right for You?
Protein powder used to be a product used mainly by bodybuilders and athletes. Today, more than 10% of adults have tried protein supplements, and are experiencing great benefits by doing so.
Protein Powder Benefits:
1. Increase muscle. Wanting to build bigger and stronger muscles is still the most common reason for using protein powder. Many studies suggest that protein can be effective when combined with intense workouts.
2. Lose weight. High protein diets have become popular for weight loss because they tend to suppress appetite and help you to shed fat instead of muscle. It can be an effective strategy if you avoid going to extremes.
3. Recover from injuries. For minor injuries, protein may help your body to repair itself faster. Make it part of your recovery plan, along with adequate rest and following your doctor’s recommendations.
4. Age gracefully. It can be difficult for seniors to get all the nutrients they need on a restricted diet and compensate for the muscle loss that accompanies growing older. Protein powder can help with both goals.
5. Post workout recovery. Consuming anything high in protein along with some complex carbohydrates is a winning strategy after a good workout.
The Protein Powder I Recommend and Use Daily BodyMelt Plant Based Protein